Because Trust and Experience Matter!
Foster Survey Company – Founded in 1993 Tel: (401) 647-9240
Celebrating 20 years of Professional Land Surveying in Rhode Island.
Foster Survey Company is a RI professional land surveying company established in March of 1993. We are Registered Licensed Rhode Island Professional Land Surveyors serving all Rhode Island. Our core beliefs are to give superior professional land surveying services that will benefit you with: Value, Experience, and Quality!
Our mission is to exceed your needs by dedicating to you a Professional Land Surveyor with over 29 years of surveying experience utilizing the latest high-tech surveying equipment, respecting your need for prompt and expert service, and by having the expert you hire be the real person working on your survey.
With 19 years experience running and operating a Professional Land Surveying Company in Rhode Island, and with the experience of Eric D. Colburn, PLS in all aspects of land surveying, we are confident that we can offer to you the highest levels of professional service.
About Eric D. Colburn, PLS, President
I am a registered licensed Professional Land Surveyor having over 29 years of experience in the land surveying and land development industries. I am president of Foster Survey Company which is a RI Professional Land Surveying Company established in March of 1993.
I now hold the following Licenses and Certifications:
- Rhode Island Registered Licensed Professional Land Surveyor: RI No. 1920.
- Licensed Class II Septic System Onsite Wastewater Treatment System (OWTS) Designer: RI No. 2052.
- Certified Bottomless Sand Filter Designer.
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety & Health Certified.
I am also on the Board of Directors and Immediate Past President of the New England Section of the American Congress on Surveying & Mapping (ACSM-NES) and I have been active in many Professional Land Surveying organizations, including the following:
- New England Section of the American Congress on Surveying & Mapping (ACSM-NES) – Board of Directors and Immediate Past President.
- American Congress on Surveying & Mapping (ACSM).
- National Society of Professional Surveyors (NSPS).
- Rhode Island Society of Professional Land Surveyors (RISPLS).
I offer expertise in performing professional land surveying services, including:
- Boundary Surveys
- Lot Surveys
- Septic System Design
- ALTA Surveys
- Subdivision Design
- Perc Tests
- Topographic Mapping
- Wetlands Applications
- Construction Layout
- FEMA Flood Certificates
- FAA-2C Certification
- Aerial Mapping and Control
- Cadastral Surveying
- Land Planning
- Cartographic Mapping
- Expert Witness Testimony
I have worked with and used many software packages and surveying equipment over the years to provide the highest levels of service to our clients. Currently I use high performance, high quality, and advanced high-tech surveying equipment, computer systems and surveying systems. I use the latest technological equipment including Robotic Total Stations (Leica TPS 1200), Global Positioning Systems (Trimble 4800), AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 and ArcGIS.
Contact me by email at EColburn@FosterSurvey.com.
Read The Latest Foster Survey News:
- ASPRS Awards Senator Jack Reed with George E. Brown, Jr. Congressional Honor Award
- How To Move Property Lines in Rhode Island With An Administrative Subdivision
- What Does a Rhode Island New Construction Septic System Design Cost?
- Top 6 Reasons To Get Your RI Land Surveyed
- RI Land Surveyor This Week In Pictures