The FEMA Flood Elevation Certificate is an important administrative tool of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). It is used to give elevation information necessary to make sure compliance with community floodplain management ordinances, to find the proper insurance premium rate, and to support a request for a Letter of Map Amendment (eLOMA & LOMA) or Letter of Map Revision based on fill (LOMR-F). The Elevation Certificate is required to properly rate post-FIRM buildings.
Easily order your FEMA Elevation Certificate for residential, single-family structures. Foster Survey Company offers three convenient options:
- Express Service – Your FEMA Elevation Certificate is delivery subject to our backlog of projects, no sooner than 3-6 weeks now∗, could be longer.
- Rush Service – Your FEMA Elevation Certificate delivered in 14 business days∗.
- Ultra-Rush Service – Your FEMA Elevation Certificate delivered in 5 business days or quicker∗.
∗Valid only for one (1) residential, single-family structure in Rhode Island, excluding New Shoreham (Block Island) and Prudence Island. Call for pricing for surveys on New Shoreham (Block Island) and Prudence Island. Business days exclude Federal and State Holidays, Saturdays and Sundays, and when closed due to acts of God (inclement weather and storms, high temperatures over 90 degrees or low temperatures below 15 degrees). Upon receiving your payment and agreeing to our terms and conditions, delivery times begin starting from the day we can get access to your property or the day which we can get access to the inside or your home, whichever is later, and excludes Acts of God and inclement weather.
Our Elevation Certificate Process:
You will find working with us easy and professional. And, we respect your time, so you can schedule the home inspection for a day and time that works for you!
This is the 4-step process you can expect:
- Place your order – Elevation Certificate service is easily ordered online. Or, either call (401-647-9240) or send a survey request form and we’ll be happy to answer your questions and take your order.
- Schedule a home inspection – Order your Elevation Certificate and let us know the day and time that’s convenient for you to let us inspect and survey the inside of your home. Typically, our home inspection takes about 30 minutes (homes with complicated basements or difficult to reach crawlspaces take longer).
- Exterior Surveying – We take surveying measurements of the ground elevations at the exterior perimeter of your home (including attached decks and stairs) and measure the floor elevations and, if you have one, your garage slab elevation. You do not have to be home for this work, but we do need access to any enclosed yard areas and please unlock any crawlspace access doors. Also, it is very helpful if your dog(s) are not left outside while we do our surveying work (friendly pooches excepted).
- Elevation Certificate delivered – You will receive the completed Elevation Certificate via email (in .pdf format). If you don’t use email or you would prefer to receive your completed Elevation Certificate by regular mail, we are happy to do so.